The Buddy Up™ Front Harness allows you to safely support a pet with weak front legs. The front support harness features a top handle that allows you to guide and lift patients. This easy-to-use harness is part of a progressive harnessing system that adapts as your patient’s mobility loss progresses and when additional support is needed.
- Safely assist and lift senior pets
- Compatible with the Walkin’ Wheels rear dog wheelchair (sizes Medium and Large), for Full Support cart compatibility, you will also need the Buddy Up Quad Panel.
- Support for patients over 30 lbs. with weak front legs
- Ideal dog support and rehabilitation harness for injured, senior, or disabled pets
- Provide balanced chest and front end support during recovery
- Ideal for in-hospital use with patients recovering from surgery
- Assist senior patients needing help with weakened front limbs, loss of mobility, or balance
- Ideal for patients with degenerative mobility conditions
Ideal for the following conditions:
How to Incorporate the Walkin’ Buddy Up™ Front into Your Practice
- In-hospital use during treatment walks for pets with limb weakness, recovering from orthopedic and/or spinal surgery, FCE, or injury from trauma.
- During rehab exercises such as treadmill patterning, weaving, or cavaletti poles for pets with weak legs or recovering from surgery. Great for assisted standing use with weight shifting while still offering support.
- Clips on side of the harness allows the patient to be safely secured to a land or underwater treadmill for safety and support.
- Comfortable-fitting walking harness for those patients who shouldn’t have leash pressure on the cervical region. Harness transfers pulling pressure to shoulders and chest.
- Ideal for canines debilitated as a result of old age, severe arthritis, or neurological disease. Use with patients dealing with progressive mobility loss that will degenerate and worsen over time. Buddy Up™ Rear can be added for additional hind end support. The harness is Walkin’ Wheels compatible for ease of transition into the wheelchair.
Buddy Up™ Front
|30 – 45 lbs
|19″ – 26″
|45 – 65 lbs
|22″ – 34″
|65 – 95 lbs
|30″ – 43″
|95 – 150 lbs
|37″ – 50″
- Unclip the two lower support straps and place the harness over your pet’s head with the triangular chest pad in front of the body.
- Lift your pet’s front left leg over the webbing strap. The central chest webbing strap should now be between your pet’s front legs.
- Fasten the two lower support straps under your pet’s rib cage and adjust the straps for a snug fit.
- At the front of the pet’s chest, adjust the straps so that the triangular chest pad sits at a comfortable position over the sternum. Ensure the center chest strap is adjusted snugly and securely to provide the proper tension and support.
- The Front Buddy Up™ harness is now ready to be used as a lifting aid or to connect to your pet’s rear Walkin’ Wheels Wheelchair. To attach to a wheelchair, use clips on each side of the harness to attach to the wheelchair side extender.
Is the Buddy Up™ Harness compatible with my patient’s wheelchair?
The Buddy Up™ Front Harness is compatible with the Medium, Medium/Large, and Large Rear Walkin’ Wheels dog wheelchair. The harness comes with two D-Ring clips attached to clip right into the wheelchair’s side extender bars. The optional Buddy Up Quad Panel is available for those patients who plan to use the Walkin’ Wheels Full Support Cart.
For dogs using a Small or Corgi Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair, we recommend the Warrior Rear Harness or Warrior Front Harness.
My client’s back legs have begun to weaken. Is there a compatible rear harness?
The Buddy Up™ lift harness can adapt to a pet’s changing mobility. Our fully compatible Buddy Up™ Rear Harness can be added to give your patient additional hind leg support. Both harnesses can easily clip into your dog’s Walkin’ Wheels rear wheelchair (sizes Medium and Large).