The Buddy Up™ Harness provides pets with full body support, allowing you to comfortably lift patients from a prone position and support them as they heal. The harness easily adapts to your patient’s progressive mobility loss and senior dogs who need assistance into the car, up the stairs, or assist them outside. The Buddy Up™ Harness is fully compatible with Medium and Large rear Walkin’ Wheels wheelchairs. Add the Buddy Up Quad Panel for full support wheelchair compatibility.
- Full body support for pets with weak front and rear legs
- Ideal dog support and rehabilitation harness for injured, senior, or disabled pets
- Fully compatible with the Walkin’ Wheels rear dog wheelchair, for Full Support Wheelchair use, Add the Buddy Up Quad Panel
- Comfortable for all-day wear
- Ideal for in-hospital use with patients recovering from surgery
- Proves complete lifting support during rehabilitation exercises
- Assist senior pets needing help with weakened limbs, loss of mobility, or balance
- Harness progresses with patients’ changing mobility needs – ideal for patients with degenerative conditions
Ideal for the following conditions:
How to Incorporate the Walkin’ Buddy Up™ Harness into Your Practice
- In-hospital use during treatment walks for pets with limb weakness, recovering from orthopedic and/or spinal surgery, FCE, or injury from trauma.
- During rehab exercises such as treadmill patterning, weaving, or cavaletti poles for pets with weak legs or recovering from surgery. Great for assisted standing use with weight shifting while still offering support.
- Clips on side of the harness allows the patient to be safely secured to a land or underwater treadmill for safety and support.
- Comfortable-fitting walking harness for those patients who shouldn’t have leash pressure on the cervical region. Harness transfers pulling pressure to shoulders and chest.
- Ideal for canines debilitated as a result of old age, severe arthritis, or neurological disease. Use with patients dealing with progressive mobility loss that will degenerate and worsen over time.
- Use the Buddy Up™ Harness to lift patients in and out of their carts. The Buddy Up™ Harness is fully compatible with the Medium and Large Walkin’ Wheels rear dog wheelchair.
Buddy Up™ Front
|30 – 45 lbs
|19″ – 26″
|45 – 65 lbs
|22″ – 34″
|65 – 95 lbs
|30″ – 43″
|95 – 150 lbs
|37″ – 50″
Buddy Up™ Rear
|30 – 45 lbs
|18″ – 23″
|45 – 65 lbs
|22″ – 26″
|65 – 95 lbs
|24″ – 32″
|95 – 150 lbs
|30″ – 42″
- Unclip the two lower support straps and place the harness over the pet’s head with the triangular chest pad in front of the body.
- Lift your pet’s front left leg over the webbing strap. The central chest webbing strap should now be between the pet’s front legs.
- Fasten the two lower support straps under your pet’s rib cage and adjust the straps for a snug fit.
- At the front of the pet’s chest, adjust the straps so that the triangular chest pad sits at a comfortable position over the sternum. Ensure the center chest strap is adjusted snugly and securely to provide the proper tension and support.
- The Front Buddy Up™ harness is now ready to be used as a lifting aid or to connect to the pet’s rear Walkin’ Wheels Wheelchair. To attach to the wheelchair, pull harness clips up and over the wheelchair frame and push up to clip and into place.
- Unclip the front two buckles on the rear harness so that the leg rings hang down from the back. The D-Ring Connector should face the pet’s head.
- Place the blue back panel of the harness over the pet’s lower back.
- Bring the leg rings from behind your pet between the rear legs and fasten the clips on either side at the flank. Ensure the tail is not caught underneath.
- If using with the Front Buddy Up™ harness, fasten the back connection strap between the two D-Ring connectors of the rear harness and front harness. Adjust with the tri-glides for a secure tension between the two harnesses.
- There are two straps on each side of the leg rings; one with the buckle clip to fasten to the back panel of the harness and one with the wheelchair clips. Adjust the buckle clip strap, so the leg rings and back panel of the harness are comfortably snug around the pet’s hips and rear legs.
- You may need to readjust the back connector strap at this point to ensure there is tension to prevent the Rear Buddy Up™ from sliding backward off the rear end of the pet.
- The Rear Buddy Up™ harness is now ready to be used as a lifting aid and to connect to the pet’s rear Walkin’ Wheels Wheelchair. To attach to the wheelchair, pull harness clips up and over the wheelchair frame and push up to clip and into place.
Note- The rear Buddy Up™ must be connected to the front Buddy Up™ with the back connection strap to ensure it stays up on the pet when the pet is walking.
Is the Buddy Up™ Harness compatible with my patient’s wheelchair?
The Buddy Up™ Harness is compatible with the Medium, Medium/Large, and Large Rear Walkin’ Wheels dog wheelchair. If your patient plans to use a Full Support Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair, add the Buddy Up Quad Panel to your order.
For dogs using a Small or Corgi Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair, we recommend the Warrior Rear Harness or Warrior Front Harness.
Can my dog go to the bathroom while wearing the Buddy Up™ Harness?
Yes, both male and female dogs should be able to comfortably pee and poop while wearing their Buddy Up™ Harness. The rear harness supports your pet from underneath with a leg ring-style saddle, leaving plenty of room in front and behind, allowing the dog to relieve itself cleanly.
Can I leave the harness on for extended periods of time?
Yes, the Buddy Up™ harness is comfortable for all-day wear, and when adjusted correctly, the Buddy Up™ harness will stay in place. The rear harness must stay connected to the front harness to keep the harness in the proper position. We do recommend removing the harness when your dog is left unattended, and we strongly suggest giving your dog breaks from wearing the harness.