The Walkin’ Wrist Hugger is designed to conform to the natural angle of the carpal. Wrapping comfortably around the front leg provides support above and below the carpal joint to help prevent hyperextension and give pets freedom of movement without limiting the range of motion or placing strain on the injured joint.
- Neoprene wrap – Lightweight, comfortable, and adjustable
- Touch fastener straps wrap around pet’s leg to provide additional support
- Wraps above and below to support the carpal joint and surrounding structures
- Available in four sizes to accommodate a range of breeds
- The Walkin’ Wrist Hugger Pro Kit comes with 1 of each size
- Helps prevent hyperextension & supports carpal joint
- Customize medial and lateral support with the addition of adhesive foam
- Provide maximum support during rehabilitation for tarsal injuries
- Recommend for at-home use & limb support when a patient is not splinted
Benefits pets with the following conditions:
The Walkin’ Wrist Hugger fits the natural angle of the carpal joint, supporting above and below the carpal joint. The neoprene material allows the pet to move quickly without strain on the joint. Fabric wraps above and below the carpal joint to support the carpal joint and surrounding structures. Our splint foam inserts may also be added to the Wrist Hugger to customize the support level and provide more stabilization for pets suffering from carpal hyperextension injuries.
|10 – 15 lbs
|15 – 25 lbs
|25 – 60 lbs
|60 – 100 lbs
- Detach all touch-fastener straps and completely open the wrist wrap.
- Place the Walkin’ Wrist Hugger over the front of the dog’s front leg with the label pointing outwards.
- Attach top strap first, wrapping snugly but not too tightly!
- Next, attach the bottom strap, wrapping snugly but not too tightly!
How do I determine the size Wrist Hugger my patient needs?
The correct size Wrist Hugger for a pet is based on their weight range; use overall height measurement to confirm sizing. If additional wrist coverage is needed, we recommend ordering one size larger to allow for more support.
When should I recommend the Wrist Hugger for my patient?
The Wrist Hugger is designed to support pets dealing with carpal injuries. The leg wrap allows them to maintain range of motion in the joint while the leg is fully supported. Ideal for patients with injuries no longer requiring a splint or letting limb breathe from the splint.