The Walkin’ Hock Hugger is designed to conform to the natural angle of the hock. Wrapping comfortably around the hind leg, providing support above and below the tarsal joint to help prevent hyperextension, giving pets freedom of movement without limiting the range of motion or placing strain on the injured joint.
- Neoprene wrap – Lightweight, comfortable, and adjustable
- Touch fastener straps wrap around pet’s leg to provide additional support
- Wraps above and below to support the tarsal joint and surrounding structures
- Available in four sizes to accommodate a range of breeds
- The Walkin’ Hock Hugger Pro Kit comes with 1 of each size
- Helps prevent hyperextension & supports tarsal joint
- Customize medial and lateral support with the addition of adhesive foam
- Provide maximum support during rehabilitation for tarsal injuries
- Recommend for at-home use & limb support when the patient is not splinted
Benefits pets with the following conditions:
The Walkin’ Hock Hugger fits the natural angle of the tarsal joint, supporting above and below the tarsal joint. The neoprene material allows the pet to move naturally and without strain on the joint. Fabric wraps above and below the tarsal joint to support the tarsal joint and surrounding structures. Our splint foam inserts may also be added to the Hock Hugger to customize the support level and provide additional stabilization for pets suffering from tarsal hyperextension injuries.
|2 – 3″
|10 – 15 lbs
|2.5 – 3.25″
|15 – 25 lbs
|2.75 – 3.5″
|25 – 60 lbs
|3.25 – 4″
|60 – 100 lbs
Measurement “A”: Top of the back of paw to center of hock
Detach all touch-fastener straps.
Place Hock Hugger over front of dog’s rear leg.
Attach top strap first, wrapping snugly but not too tightly!
Attach bottom strap next, wrapping snugly but not too tightly!
Work up dog’s leg, securing final two straps (size XSmall only has two straps in total).
Make sure the dog’s hock joint fits comfortably through opening on back of Hock Hugger.
How do I determine the correct size Hock Hugger for my patient?
To determine the correct size Hock Hugger for a pet, measure from the top of the back of the paw to the center of the hock joint. If you are planning to increase support level by inserting foam or another method, you mean you need to order one size larger.
When should I recommend the Hock Hugger?
The Hock Hugger is designed to support pets dealing with tarsal injuries and allows you to maintain your patient’s range of motion in the tarsal joint. Ideal for patients with injuries no longer requiring a splint or letting limb breathe from the splint.